August 23, 2018
Based in Orlando, Florida
The Commission: Organized Crime Grand Strategy
The Commission was developed by a full development studio called 302 Interactive. The studio is based in the heart of downtown Orlando, Florida. The team is comprised of members from different disciplines ranging from artists, producer, programmer, sound design, marketing and more.
302 Interactive was born out of a love for games and game development where we grew into a full service studio. Along the way we learned that the skills, techniques and design thinking it took to make great games could also make great immersive experiences spanning nearly every industry. Our passion for creating great games using cutting edge technology has now lead us to open our skills up to the world and work with others companies to help them be innovative and engaging.
The Commission: Organized Crime Grand Strategy, is a turn-based simulation that offers an opportunity to experience the era that defined organized crime in the United States. It is not meant to sensationalize the crime of this era but rather call attention to this important time in U.S. history and simulate what it felt like to live as a Don of a mafia family.
Stake your claim on the city of New Shore as the de facto leader, overseeing one of the five mafia families in this gritty simulation of 1930’s organized crime. As the Don, get involved in the rackets that defined the Prohibition era, manage the internal politics of your own family, command tactical muscle while balancing political and family influences to establish control of contested territory. Come claim your place among mafia history. How will you rule the city of New Shore?
• Begin your path of supremacy by choosing one of the five families, each with unique backgrounds, strengths, weaknesses, and connections to the city of New Shore
• Navigate the five boroughs of New Shore. Each district populated with iconic neighborhoods to control, showcasing the rich history of New Shore’s five families
• Manage the internal politics of your family through a deep loyalty system. An allied Capo can remain steadfast under legal pressure, or become a “rat”, crippling your organization
• Bribe local city officials. Use political favors to your advantage and protect your growing empire against organized crime crackdowns
• See how you stack up against enemy Dons with the Commission's rankings. Earn the favor of Dons from across the country, and determine the unspoken rules of organized crime
• Experience the Prohibition era through a period inspired soundtrack of 1920 to 1930's jazz, with a score that captures the grittiness of organized crime
• Invest in various rackets and take what you deserve from the citizens of New Shore. Pick the perfect crime for each neighborhood, then defend your territory from police and opposing families
IG The Indie Game Website - “Build a criminal empire in The Commission: Organized Crime Grand Strategy – Preview”
Spencer Yan - Medium - “Collateral Loss - Crime and Consequence in The Commission: OC”
Indiegames.com - “Grand Strategy Gets A Little Dirty In Organized Crime Sim The Commission”
Strategygamer.com - “The Commission, a Mafia-Themed Grand Strategy Game, Is Holding An Open Beta”